I cannot believe how quickly this date has come round!
It only seems like last week that I thought it would be a good idea to apply for the British Craft Trade Fair.
I remember thinking how easy this would be, I would just turn up as I usually do for the Handmade Crafts fairs and markets I have been attending fro the last 3 years.
But it was only after I paid my first instalment, that I realised what I had really signed up for.
That said I had a lengthy telephone call with the organiser and set about a plan of how I was going to raise the profile of Joolzery, by making the most of this opportunity.
I set about creating and organic fully portable display, and used local tradesmen, to make my vision a reality, and with 4 weeks to go I thought that was one less thing on my to do list.
Well lo and behold, after a quick phone call to the organiser, it seems that on element of my display may be in jeopardy.
My gorgeous yew tree shelves:
I have always known that my space was a 2.5m x 1m shell, and that it was a mid row shell space, but after originally speaking to the organiser I was under the impression that the ends could have 0.5m uprights, and that I could use clip on brackets and a chain system to hang them from the top.
So imagine my surprise when during a casual telephone conversation with organiser, when I am told the 0.5m panel will be on the back wall and not the side wall.
All of a sudden I see me dream display going up in smoke!
But at least I will be able to use the chain system to hang my helves from the top, so maybe its not too bad!
But just to be on the safe side, call the company that's building the shell system to make sure
So without any time to loose, I call the shell scheme builders and explain the situation.
Their first solution is that I use their shelves, Nah that's not going to happen, as its not in keeping with my scheme or my brand!
The option of the chain system is a no go as the chains are all 1m long, so I cannot have the 3 shelves one under another, and with space at a premium, my display arrangement is slowly going down the pan.
On top of that as you know my shelves are not regular, and so I'm asked how heavy they are and the dimensions.
So I spend the next 10 minutes looking for a tape measure and weighting scales to find out, in the end I had to go o a neighbour for the weighing part as the only scale I have are for measuring cupcake ingredients.
Eventually I get all the relevant info combined, photograph the shelves an email it across, and wait, and wait and wait.
Now as time is at an essence here, and those who know me patience is not one of my virtues, so I call to make sure the they have received the information, and I am duly told that they have but they have 4 shows to set up and will get back to me.
OK I've got other things to e getting on with, so I just let that one simmer for a while.
A week later I get a call back, and we go through all the options again, and I explain what the issue is, turn on a bit of charm, or charisma, anyway its something that I've got that begins with C, and we come to a solution that makes my design vision a reality, although £72 poorer, but hey when I look at the overall investment of this opportunity, that's chicken change.
So after a few palpitations and sleepless nights trying to reconfigure my design space, it looks like my display is back on track!
I think the upcoming weeks are going to be very interesting