Trade Account Login
How was it for me? | Joolzery | Handmade Sterling Silver Gemstone Freshwater Pearl Jewellery
How was it for me?
It has been a hectic 5 months, so this is my report card so far.....
Its funny, like most people around this time of the year, I tend to review my activities, or lack of activities, of the past 12 months, and if you had said Jan 2013 that I would start a new business this year, I would have replied, "What are you smoking?"
However as it so happens, I did start a new jewellery business, Joolzery, and I have to admit, that I have worked harder in the last 5 months in this business, than I have done in the 13 years of my first business, Maximum Impact Solutions!!!!
And for those that know me, that's saying something.
I also have to admit, that there has been a lot of firsts for me along with a number of challenges, which has taken me well out of my comfort zones a number of times, but I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it, that said I have enjoyed every minute of it, well almost every minute if I am completely honest , especially now I have had time to reflect on the situations.
Don't get me wrong, not everything has gone to plan, but that is the nature of running a business, nothing is really set in stone, and the only really important thing is to ensure you make more than you spend!!!
My first business is an Business Intelligence IT training & consultancy company, so Joolzery for me is a completely different concept, which uses a myriad of different skillsets, and I have to admit, that this time round I was more hands on that my first time.
So when I look back at what I have achieved:
- Created with my printing company to design a logo, really sexy business cards, and a roller banner for the arts & craft market
- Worked closely with my web design company to turn my web site vision into reality
- With 10 days notice, I was able to create enough stock and source my display items for my first ever arts & craft fair in Liverpool's prestigious St George's Hall
- Met and make some very useful contacts within the Liverpool arts & crafts community
- Got some regular stalls as some fabulous Liverpool venues
- Learnt a new jewellery making technique, to add something different to my range of products
- Got a stall at the hotly contested Winter Arts Market, in St George's Hall
- Got repeat customers buying jewellery both from the fairs and on-line
- Booked in 2 Mind Body & Spirit Shows for 2014
So as 2014 started, I was really excited, as it's amazing what one can do if you put your mind to it, let your creativity and intuition run free and just go for it, seize the opportunity and keep positive.
Yes it's hard work, but the rewards are well worth the early morning weekend starts (especially for someone who loves her bed soooooooooo much), who knew there was 2 5 o clocks in a day????, lugging boxes up and down the stairs, loading and unloading car at the fairs and markets, creating an eye catching, but simple display to create both interest as well as a talking point with customers.
If I knew now how much work it would involve, would I have started Joolzery?
H***l yeah!!!! in a heartbeat, because I have had fun doing it, I have relished the challenges, I have met new people, but most of all I am learning all the time, especially about myself and my hidden, untapped depths.
Thanks for reading